This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure for more information.
Some Benefits of Journaling
- Become clearer in your thoughts and feelings.
- Get to know yourself better.
- Reduces stress.
- Help solve problems and make decisions.
- Resolve disagreements with others.
- Recover from grief and loss
- Process failed relationships
How to begin:
Get yourself a journal, a pen or pencil and begin. There are many other ways as well. You can utilize online journals. There are also phone apps and tablet apps. You can also keep dated documents on your computer.
What to write:
- Start writing about where you are in your life at this moment. What is going on right now in your life? Are you right where you want to be?
- Start writing whatever comes out on the paper. Do not edit your thoughts. Let it come out however it comes out.
- Write a daily gratitude list of things you appreciate, and maybe include positive quotes. This is great to do before bed or in the morning (anytime is good). You can see all the good things in your life and really see there is much to be grateful for.
- Maintain a log of successes. Write your successes. Make sure to write the big and the small successes that occur during the day or week. This can inspire you as you look back at them and see the list grow and grow.
- If you are struggling with emotional situations in your life write what comes out. This will provide a new perspective. Write whatever comes out. This is particularly helpful if you are having emotional moments where the brain keeps going and you can’t sleep because of it. Don’t lay there awake and the brain of thoughts going. Get up and write it down and write it all down. Let it come out on paper the way it is spinning in your brain. This will not only stop the head spinning so you can get sleep but also can help you gain a new perspective on the situation.
- Strengthen your intuition. Write down questions or concerns then take a deep breath and listen for a response from your Higher Self. Let yourself write whatever comes on the paper.
There are many benefits to journaling. These are just a few. This is a great practice to work into your daily routine. The results are great for problem solving and stress reduction. It can improve mental and physical health. It also can increase self-esteem. The benefits are endless. Work this into your daily routine and see what happens.