This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure for more information.
I have been thinking of writing this post for the last couple of weeks ever since someone bought my iced tea in the Starbucks drive through. It put a huge smile on my face and the feeling lasted for quite some time. I have had this happen before and I had the same response. I have even been the giver many times before and this gave me as much joy as being the receiver.
What joy it is to make a difference in a person’s day or even life. You never know what effect it will have on another. It could save their life depending on what is happening at the time.
Also let’s not forget the Random act of Kindness we can give to our environment. This not only helps the earth but these can help us all. You know the ones like cleaning up our environment, helping our animals, or maybe planting a tree. There are many ways to do this. It is necessary to keep our environment clean so we can have fresh air, reduce pollution and having a clean environment can lower the risk of disease. I am sure the earth has that joyful feeling as well when treated with kindness. She does so much for us as all.
Being kind is easy and doesn’t have to cost anything if you are worried about that.
Here are a few ideas so you can give random acts of kindness a try.
- Smile at someone
- Help a stranger cross the street
- Open the door for someone
- Buy a stranger coffee or ice cream
- Send someone flowers for no reason
- Leave a nice anonymous note
- Send a happy text
- Send a Happy Facebook Message
- Say Thank You
- Make dinner for a neighbor
- Pick up trash on the beach
- Mow your neighbor’s lawn
- Bring Bagels to the office
- Put a note in a family members lunch box
- Give a homeless person a meal
- Crochet beanies for the homeless or hospitals
- Leave money on a vending machine for someone.
- Plant a tree
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Leave a large tip
- Let someone go in front of you in line
- Raise money for a charity
- Read to someone at the library or hospital
- Crochet a hat, blanket or scarf for someone
- Give your time at a retirement home
Also don’t forget to be open to receiving as well as giving random acts. Let us know what random act of kindness you spread to make someone’s day or a random act that you may have received and how did you feel.