This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure for more information.
How many times have you begun a program to lose weight and become healthier only to stop and lose the progress that you made? I think we all have done this and when trying to return to the program it gets harder and harder the longer you stay away. I know this because this has been a hard place for me.
I have battled this one and should I say I have made some changes this time around and I am on my way back to feeling healthy again. I am losing weight and I most of all am feeling healthier.
For me my issue was mostly lack of exercise and some foods that don’t agree with my body. This means that when I eat them I feel horrible and my weight rises. My body screams in pain too. For me I had to pay attention to what my body was telling me and move more throughout the day. My job is a seated one so a reminder to get up every now and then is helpful. This is another one of those self care changes that I really needed to make for my life and stick to it. This time I shoot for Healthy and not just being thinner.
Here are a few helpful things I did to get me moving more daily.
1. I bought a FitBit. I love the FitBit. I can track my steps throughout the day and the one I have I can set to buzz me to remind me to get up and stretch my legs. My goal is 10000 steps per day.
2. I found my favorite activity so I would look forward to going during the week and I have scheduled 4 days a week for Yoga. I love Yoga. You can do it at home too. I also do a Mat Pilates class.
Here are a few helpful things on the food end that helped me.
Before I tell you the modifications that I have made to my diet that are working for me I want to let you know that I really paid attention to my body in order to come up with what I would limit and what would be my new way of eating. There are foods that caused my body to become inflamed and puffy. I would actually at times become lethargic. I was bloated, tired, in pain and uncomfortable.
- I gave up sugar. Yes all sugar.
- I reduced my carb intake to 50 grams or less daily
- No Potatoes, Rice, Pasta, bread, etc.
- I document everything I eat in the FitBit app.
- I drink 1 gallon of water a day.
- I drink only coffee, tea, and water. No soda.
I be very creative and prepare ahead for my meals and I only eat out occasionally But I try to make the best choices that I can when I do. I do indulge occasionally too. This is a life style change for me and not a fad diet. So far I have lost some weight and the best part is I feel healthier all around.
As I progress more with what works best for me I will come back and share. The best part is that we are Shooting for Healthy and succeeding.